When a worker's name is entered into WorkRecords and needs to be modified, WorkRecords Support can assist with updating the name. The following procedures will be followed based on if the worker is associated with more than 1 Labor Supplier in WorkRecords or is only associated with the Labor Supplier requesting the updated name.
- If the worker is not associated with any other Labor Supplier in WorkRecords, other than the company requesting the update, WorkRecords Support can make the change as requested.
- If a worker is entered into WorkRecords by more than 1 Labor Supplier and there is a discrepancy regarding the way the name is currently entered, the WorkRecords Support team will notify the Labor Supplier requesting the change that further verification is needed. In that case, the Labor Supplier requesting the update will need to access the Social Security Number Verification (SSNV) service to confirm the spelling of the worker's name matching that SSN. (Please note that unless previously authorized by a Labor Supplier, WorkRecords does not verify a Labor Supplier's worker's name and SS# with the Social Security Number Verification (SSNV) service.)
When more than 1 Labor Supplier is associated with the worker, the correcting procedure is the following:
- The Labor Supplier requesting the name update will access the Social Security Number Verification (SSNV) service and confirm their worker's name and spelling matching the SSN.
- The Labor Supplier will notify WorkRecords Support and confirm they have verified their worker's name and SS# in the SSNV database and what the correct spelling of the worker's name should be.
- WorkRecords Support will then contact the other Labor Supplier(s) informing them of the conflict.
- WorkRecords Support will edit the worker's name as verified by the SSNV.