- edit a worker's time
- edit a WorkGroup tag (department/shift/job activity)
- add a WorkSegment
- delete a WorkSegment
- add or edit an AddOn or task
Note: Anything listed below that is highlighted in blue and underlined can be clicked on to take you to a QuickGuide, Training Video or additional resources with step by step instructions.
Only unapproved WorkSegments/TimeCards can be edited.
- If a TimeCard has already been approved, but not yet presented on an Invoice, WorkRecords Support can unapprove the TimeCard. Open a Support Ticket to request unapproval of the TimeCard. Remember, this may impact payroll records in the Labor Supplier's back office if time/activity has already been downloaded.
- If a TimeCard has already been presented on an invoice, it can no longer be unapproved or edited. This will most likely be handled through a Credit/Charge Adjustment or a MakeUp Order Confirmation.
- You can add, edit, or delete a WorkSegment which includes the Day/Time/WorkGroup Tag (the worker’s shift, work group, or job activity).
- Before WorkSegments can be added to an Invoice, all time must be approved by the Labor Buyer.
For more information and instructions on the editing process, please click on the links below.
Who can enter edits?
Both Labor Suppliers and Labor Buyers technically have the ability to enter edits. Who actually enters the edits should be mutually agreed upon by the two parties, as some Labor Buyers prefer that only Labor Suppliers enter all of the edits, and some Labor Buyers prefer to do all of the edits themselves.
Which View should I use?
Many Views provide editing capability. A few suggested Views to use for editing include:
- Find A Worker - Use this View if the worker does not have any punches for that week. It is the best View for you to use in that case. Be sure to set the date in the upper left corner to be the week-ending date in question so that you bring up the correct week in TimeCard editor.
- DAILY: Hours & Spend in Progress
- Review Weekly Activity by Worker - Be sure to set the date in the upper left corner to the week-ending date in question so that you bring up the correct week in TimeCard Editor.
- Review WorkSegments
How do I edit an existing WorkSegment (Time/WorkGroup Tag)?
- Navigate to Reports > My Views > click on the desired View (see the list above for suggestions):
Run the View.
Scroll until you find the name of the worker whose TimeCard/WorkSegment requires editing.
Click on the blue Info link in the far left column. Choose Edit TimeCard.
After Step 1, your screen should look something like this
- To change Check-In or Check-Out time, simply type over, the existing times that appear in the white boxes. You can also use shortcuts like 4p instead of 4:00pm or you can use military time, like 1600. You can edit more than one WorkSegment for a TimeCard before saving.
- In the Notes field indicate why the change was made so that anyone can know the reason.
- To change a WorkGroup Tag (the worker’s shift, work group, or job activity), just click anywhere on the current Workgroup text.
- For accounts that have multiple locations and/or kiosks, you’ll need to select the one where this worker checks-in. (To streamline the number of locations to choose from, adjust your default settings.) Note: It is very important that you choose the correct property's clock.
- To change the Shift, Group, and/or Job Activity (Working At field), select one you want to use and click Update. As with step 4 above, indicate in the Notes field why the WorkGroup Tag was edited.
- Once the correct change has been made, the view will look like the first one shown above. Then, click on Save Timecard. And, click on Return to List to return to the previous view.
How do I edit in a new WorkSegment?
- Navigate to Reports > My Views. Choose the appropriate View (see list above for suggestions). Run the View. Scroll until you find the name of the worker whose TimeCard/WorkSegment requires editing. Click on the blue Info hyperlink to the far left and select Edit TimeCard
- Click on Add Time.
- Select the day from the popup box; then, type in the start and end times. You can use shortcuts like 4p instead of 4:00pm or 16:00.
- After you choose the day and enter the time, click Add.
- Then, the WorkGroup Tag section will be highlighted in red like below and the TimeCard cannot be saved until you click on the Group WorkTag to select the Shift, Group, and Job Activity (in Working At).
- When you click anywhere within the red box of WorkGroup text, aTimeclock tree will pop up.
- For accounts that have multiple locations and/or departments, select the correction location and/or department. (To streamline the number of locations to scroll through, adjust your default settings.) Note: It is very important that you choose the correct property's clock.
- Select the correct option (Shift, Group, and Job Activity in Working At) and click Update.
- After you click on Save Timecard, click on Return to List to return to the previous view.
How do I delete a WorkSegment?
Follow the steps below to delete a WorkSegment stored for a worker.
- Find the worker by using one of the Views mentioned above.
- Click the blue Info hyperlink and choose Edit TimeCard.
- Simply click the Delete link at the end of the WorkSegment to delete it. Be sure to save your edits.
This video below describes many parts of the editing process in WorkRecords. For specific topics, you can fast forward to the minute mark outlined below.
0:00 to 3:30 - Basics on editing
3:30 to 3:55 - Editing time
3:55 to 4:20 - Editing WorkClock selections
4:25 to 5:05 - Adding time
5:05 to 5:30 - Adding notes
5:30 to 6:00 - Including AddOns
6:00 to 6:25 - Saving / reverting to original
6:25 to End - Deleting WorkSegments